Translate

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Hawaiian Kingdom's Independence Firmly Established in 1854

December 8, 1854.

The last Public Proclamation made by His late Majesty King Kamehameha III.

PROCLAMATION.

Whereas, It has come to my knowledge from the highest official sources, that my Government has been recently threatened with overthrow by lawless violence; and whereas the representatives at my Court, of the United States, Great Britain and France, being cognizant of these threats, have offered me the prompt assistance of the Naval forces of their respective countries, I hereby publicly proclaim my acceptance of the aid thus proffered in support of my Sovereignty. My independence is more firmly established than ever before.
KAMEHAMEHA.
Keoni Ana.


  R. C. WYLLIE


Palace, 8th December, 1854.
By the King and Kuhina Nui.
**********************
Reference:

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/26501/26501-h/26501-h.htm

United States:



***************see also:

http://iolani-theroyalhawk.blogspot.com/2018/07/kamehamehas-news-article.html

No comments: